Ava ~ 18 months old





Ava turned 18 months October 10th! She boasts with personality, as we knew she would.  I have NEVER encountered a child so young with so much independence and so strong willed!! She is teaching me patience, oh my!! Don't get me wrong, Ava Nichole is a sweet little girl, but this sweet and beautiful little girl is adament about what she wants!! :) Parenting books, child restraints, childproofing...ha, ha, ha!! Not with this girl!!

Milestones
Ava is talking up a storm!!!
~first phrase (16 months old) "I want see"....from then on she started saying everything (2nd phrase - I want down, 3rd phrase I want milk) Now she says everything!! I want mommy, I want daddy, I want out, I want more milk, I want to eat..........
~always says please and thank you and knows when to say them:)
~ says HI to a lot of people when were out, but sometimes gives people her "I have an ATTITUDE" look":)
~ Counts 1, 2, 3 and then yells YAY! or JUMP!
~ favorite words to use are MINE and OW!

~puts some puzzle pieces in the right spot, but would rather put them in the wrong spot and then give you a look like (he, he, that's not where it goes)
~ does somersaults, jumps from the ottoman to the couch, jumping on the bed, somehow climb in her highchair with the tray on it (she may be a gymnast)
~ points to pictures in books and says the name (dog, ball, choo-choo, tractor)
~knows some animal sounds (dog, cat, cow)
~ tells us when she poops

Favorites
~stealing Parker's toys and running so he will chase her
~climbing, jumping, running, galloping (it's pretty cute)
~anything Parker does, she has to do:)
~ playing dress up (especially her tutu, Parker's basketball shorts or underwear, or a firefighter hat)
~ cleaning the house down with baby wipes:)
~ coloring with and eating crayons, play-do
~ knocking down blocks
~ playing outside, digging in the dirt, throwing balls, going for walks in the wagon or pushing her babies in her play stroller
~ feeding her babies bottles and food, pushing them around the house in a stroller, changing their diapers, pats their backs and doing their hair
~flying planes around...'VROOOOM"
~helping cook or hiding in kitchen cabinets while we cook
~LOVES to hide in the dark in the pantry or closets with Parker (usually with something that glows)

Everyday is an adventure with Miss Ava and we are LOVING it!!